Since long, food has been considered as a pathway to treat hunger. But now the concept has changed and it has become a matter of taste and health. Each one of us love eating food and thus we must know the consumption of which kind of food will be beneficial for us in both taste.
Middle Eastern food has always been looked like an authentic and traditional spice-rich food. The demand for Middle Eastern dishes and grown with the growing and adopting taste buds. Over the last few years, it has been among the most popular and demanding cuisines all over the globe.
The change in the lifestyle of people has to lead to the consumption of unhealthy food and is affecting the body function. Middle Eastern cuisine has grown into a taste driving force which has authenticity, tradition, and heritage.
A research suggests that Middle Eastern cuisine is increasingly becoming an important and beloved taste around the world.
For the sake of taste palettes, we have brought some of the most famous Middle Eastern dishes which not only have an excellent taste but also they are healthy. Let’s discuss the five dishes that are globally popular for their taste and health benefits.
1. Shawarma: Shawarma is a dish made either from mutton or beef. This dish is amongst the most popular options for the people who love Middle Eastern cuisines.
Another type of Shawarma is Chicken Shawarma. It includes tender chicken bits which is spiced to make it tastier.
The dish is special because of its method of preparation. It involves marinating the meat with a special spice mix.
Recently Shawarma is also made with chicken, beef or veal cut in thin slices and is stacked in a cone-like shape on a vertical rotisserie.
2. Hummus: Hummus is a spread or a dip made of olive oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and tahini (a sesame seed waste). This is another most popular dish of the Middle Eastern region. Hummus as a whole is the healthiest dish. It is famous because of its excellent taste and deliciousness.
This dip is prepared by mixing all the ingredients together in the food processor until the texture is creamy and smooth.
Hummus dip is rich in essential nutrients and is consumed with vegetables, pita bread, or sandwich. It contains fat that is mostly unsaturated and keeps your heart healthy. It comes in different versions and also includes ingredients like garlic or red pepper. You must consume it in moderation to avoid taking in too many calories.
3. Falafel: Falafel is a deep-fried ball made of ground chicken peas, fava beans or both. It is also made using lamb or meat. This dish tops the list of most delicious Middle Eastern foods. It is the most crucial pillar of Middle Eastern cuisine as it is a permanent member of menus of Middle East restaurants.
This food balances between deliciousness and nutritional benefits. It’s low in calories, high in fiber, sugar-free, proteins rich dish that provides plenty of healthy fats.
4. Sabich: Sabich is an Israeli sandwich based on traditional Iraqi Jewish dish. It is considered as the best alternative to pita stuffed concoction. The food is prepared first frying eggplant and then combining it with vegetables or hard-boiled eggs.
Next, it is dipped in Tahini paste and stuffed into Pita bread to make a great delicious meal. If you wish to have a better Sabich version with the best delicious mouth-watering taste then you must try a fusion of smooth eggs, fresh veggies, nutty Tahini sauce, and fried eggplants.
5. Tabouleh: It is a Levantine vegetarian salad made mostly of chopped tomato, bulgur, spring onions, parsley, and mint. It offers a full range of bold flavors. It is among the best vegan food with the best quality taste in Middle East.
The food is further seasoned using lemon juice and olive oil to gain its typical deliciousness. If you want to have a satisfying Middle Eastern cuisine then give Tabouleh a try.
The food is among the healthiest food in the Middle East. It consists of vitamins, minerals, it’s high in dietary fiber and low in saturated fats.
This strengthens your immune system and helps in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
With having the best taste in food one must also keep in mind to take care of their health. Above-mentioned dishes are the ones which not only serves you the best taste but they also give you certain health benefits.